Communications PR Intern
Prior Communications is an award-winning Public Relations firm founded in 1994. Our team combines excellent communications skills with an acute appreciation of PR in the wider context of sales and marketing, resulting in an insightful approach to client business and an infectious passion for success. Prior Communications is part of the Marketing Network Group of companies.
This is a full-time paid for internship role commencing February 2019.
- Working with Account Executive and Director of PR on our portfolio of clients across varying sectors.
- Supporting the development and management of PR campaigns for clients.
- Research, draft and syndicate media documents and presentations under guidance.
- Liaise with national, local and specialist media representatives to maximise media coverage.
- Attend client meetings where relevant.
- Support the broader team in Event management of any/all client and press events.
- Work with third party partners/suppliers in coordinating activities.
- Report daily into Account Executive.
Desired skills and experience
- A desire to work within the Public Relations arena.
- Keen interest in marketing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong writing ability.
- Ability to prepare and manage client budgets with internal support.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Knowledge of social media and online communications
- Creative, ability to develop newsworthy and innovative concepts for clients’ offering
- Appropriate/relevant 3rd level degree specialising in Communications.
You will be supported in your day to day role with an Account Executive and Director of PR in addition to the broader management team at Marketing Network.
Prior Communications – looking ahead
The agency has succeeded in developing long term relationships with a number of state entities and indigenous Irish companies. Prior wouldn’t be described as a Consumer or Corporate public relations firm. It covers the areas required by client companies on the back of good counsel and through understanding business needs.
Ideally the preferred candidate will grow into a full time position and the successful candidate should consider this as a significant career opportunity.
Please send detailed CV before cob Friday 25 January 2019 to:
Valda Boardman, PR Director, Prior Communications firstname.lastname@example.org