Communications & Retail Social Media Industrial Placement
For a company like L'Oréal, press coverage, influencer engagement, Retail Social Media support and PR events are at the heart of everything we do. Representing our 35 international brands, each with its own voice is a challenge that takes a lot of creativity and tenacity.
Whether it’s a one-day seminar or month-long roadshow, you’ll be creating the human face of the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality - this is a job as much about fun as hard work.
Working in the press office, you will help us to portray our brands in the best way possible to the press. You would be a key team member working across the Consumer Products Division brands or Garnier, Maybelline, Essie & L’Oréal Paris. As an intern, your principal accountability would be to provide support to the press office in ensuring the smooth running of day to day business. You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team, with exposure to senior management.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Managing product mail-outs & assisting the team on brand launches
- Management of press and influencer list updates, identifying new relevant targets
- Monitoring traditional media, ezines and influencer engagement for brand coverage and competitor activity
- Assist the in-house PR team with day-to-day press activity, media event planning activities etc
- Reporting responsibility – specifically weekly brand reports, media evaluations utilizing L’Oreal’s media and social platforms for coverage reach, engagement, EMV and AVE and other reports as required by the business.
- Responsible for competitor activity overviews
- Logistics responsibility – liaison with and ordering and securing product from distribution centres managing a stock and budget tracker re same
- Office support - ordering of stationary orders, post, taxis, couriers,
- Organising and managing schedules for events, press trips and Guests visiting Ireland
- Ensure we have strong presence across Beauty Awards, Editorial features, exclusives, cover opportunities where possible, working to the Head of Communications for any proactive and reactive requests
- Work closely and collaboratively alongside the marketing team, developing presentations/media coverage that delivers the best output for the business
- Keep the marketing team abreast of PR activities, working closely and in collaboration to support any instore promotion messaging opportunities
- You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Understanding of the beauty business
- Understanding of communications tools
- Capacity to understand the bigger business picture
- Have a technical mind but keen to work within the heart of a business
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- In your second year at University on a course, which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately, if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
If you have met the benchmark for the online assessment and you are applying to a Marketing, Digital Marketing, CMI or PR role you will then be emailed a further link to a Digital Marketing test.
The Digital Marketing test which we are using is a tool to understand the depth of your knowledge in Marketing. It is quite a challenging test and we don’t expect you to get all the questions right, but it will give us an indication as to where your skills and development areas lie.
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).
Please contact - Roisin.TIERNEYCROWE@loreal.com