Alumni Relations Officer (Maternity Cover)
Post Title: Alumni Relations Officer (Maternity Cover)
Status: One-year contract
Company: Trinity Development & Alumni (TDA)
Reports to: Alumni Relations Manager
Closing date is noon Monday, 10th August 2020.
Applications should be submitted via https://tda.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Trinity Development & Alumni (TDA) leads on fundraising and alumni engagement for Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland’s highest ranked university. We are recruiting an ambitious Alumni Relations Officer, a role that is pivotal to the success of the University’s strategic priorities and the current campaign Inspiring Generations, the campaign for Trinity. Inspiring Generations is the largest philanthropic campaign ever launched on the island of Ireland and the fourth largest in Europe, with two ambitious goals: to raise €400m and inspire 150,000 volunteering hours. As Alumni Relations Officer you will play a key role delivering in our vision that our 140,000 alumni across 158 countries continue to benefit from a lifelong relationship with the institution; and are inspired to volunteer time and expertise to advance the University’s global impact. You will identify and deliver engagement opportunities to build lifelong relationships with alumni and support international alumni relations activity and volunteer engagement across the University.
The responsibilities specified below are not intended to be exclusive or restrictive and flexibility in the allocation of specific duties will be required. As Alumni Relations Officer, you will:
1. Continue the roll out the Trinity International Ambassador Programme by collaborating with Trinity Global Relations on their international student recruitment activities.
2. Recruit and support all alumni ambassadors, including those on Trinity Alumni Online platform.
3. Coordinate the Inspiring Ideas @ Trinity Webinar Series.
4. Build and foster relationships with alumni worldwide to ensure that they are kept informed and involved, through direct contact, various communications, events, services and networks, email, social media, websites etc.
5. Collaborate with other Trinity Departments and academics across the University, in particular the Global Relations Office, to identify and maximise engagement opportunities for alumni.
6. Collaborate with colleagues across TDA to deliver other key projects supporting Inspiring Generations and the philanthropic goals of the University.
7. Plan, record, measure and report against agreed metrics.
8. Undertake other duties as may be assigned by line manager.
You will be engaging proactively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including College academics and management, donors, alumni, volunteers and friends of Trinity.
Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to degree level or professionally trained with appropriate qualifications.
• Minimum of three to five years’ experience working in alumni relations or comparable field
where stakeholder engagement, communications, and event management were the key components.
• Programme management experience and evidence of delivering projects on time and within budget.
• Strong computer skills - MS Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and versatile with computer communication applications, such as Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, Publisher etc.
• Experience of using the Raiser’s Edge database, or similar relational database, would be advantageous.
Abilities and Skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to build good relationships and establish networks with volunteers, supporters and key stakeholders.
• Highly competent communicator – oral and written – with an eye for detail.
• Highly developed organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills and prioritisation to meet shifting deadlines.
• Collaborative style combined with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Understanding of, and passion for, the role and value of a university in society.
• Salary offered will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and will be in line with the Officer grade on TDA’s incremental salary scale.
• TDA will contribute 7% of basic annual salary to its defined contribution pension scheme which provides for pension, life assurance and prolonged disability pension.
• The successful candidate will have access to educational funding assistance in support of their career progression.
• TDA’s annual leave entitlement is 28 days.
About Trinity Development & Alumni
TDA is at the heart of Trinity in every sense. Located in Front Square, we are the interface between College and its alumni, donors and friends of Trinity in Ireland and around the world. Our job is to secure the committed philanthropic and volunteering support that helps to power so many things
across Trinity, from scholarships to new buildings to cutting-edge research. We connect Trinity’s talented academics and researchers with people who share their passion and want to support their work across areas as diverse as cancer, climate change and the future of social and economic development.
We maintain the University’s connection with its 140,000 alumni in 158 countries with over 70 branches and have been instrumental in raising funds in excess of €300 million since its establishment in 1994.